
Today I thought I should post a little bit on this. So for our current project in sculpture class we are going to be making aluminum castings (coool). I decided it would be sweet to do my project on waves in hopes that one of my pieces could be the next Guahan Napu competition trophy design. So basically Im trying to work out as many different wave pieces as I can each with different styles and interpretations. So far I have three pieces figured out. One abstract, one semi realistic, and one thats half and half. Im going to do one more piece which will be very reaslistic but I need to do more planning cause I want it to be awesome.
The first part of making the castings is shaping your model with foam. The foam will be replaced with the aluminum and melt away when we cast it. So the top one is the realistic and heres what I got so far with the other two.


right now Im super anxious to see how it comes out once the aluminum is casted! Crossing my fingers all goes well!
No comments:
Post a Comment